Monday, June 7, 2010

Chapter 6 - Routing For The Controls

Important:  this is where things get pretty hairy.  I did all routing without the aid of templates or jigs.  Totally free-hand.  And, I've never used a router before.  All this shows in the final cuts.  I didn't care about how this $40 guitar would end up looking.  You probably do care about the guitar you may attempt this on.


Do not do what I did unless you are willing to severely hack your axe.




I wanted to mount the wiring cover flush with the body, so I first went over the area to a depth of about 1/8".




Then, I cut out the center of the template, so I knew where to rout deeper for the wiring and hardware.




I just used a Sharpie to mark the area.




And do the cut.




Same approach, I wanted to mount the jack plate flush.




Onto routing for the Floyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment